One of the most utilized programs, the Adaptive Equipment Lending Program provides items that assist with mobility and communication, improving the quality of life for those individuals living with ALS.
It is through the generosity of many donors who have either donated equipment or funds to our organization that allows us to invest in much-needed equipment for those we serve.
This program includes the following types of equipment:
* Manual Wheelchairs
* Power Wheelchairs
* Bathroom Safety Equipment
* Patient Lifts
* Hospital beds
* Lift Chair Recliners
* Stair Climbers
At times, because of high demands and low inventory on certain items, we may not be able to supply a particular item at the time of request. We will do our best to find alternate options when applicable to help with that and we will make sure to place you on the waiting list.
Equipment Loan Policy
Candidates for the program must:
* Have a diagnosis of ALS.
* Reside in the our coverage area- the Greater Chicago area and surrounding suburbs, Rockford, Peoria, and Central IL.
* Be registered with ALS United Greater Chicago.
* Have applied, or be in the application process, for coverage of equipment from their insurance, or have no insurance coverage for the requested item.
* All items are provided to individuals with ALS, free of charge.
Equipment Loan Procedure
To request a loan of equipment through any of the loan programs, you must contact your Care Services Coordinator or the office at 312-932-0000 for assistance.
Please be aware that some items can be loaned out simply through a phone conversation with our staff, but most items will require the involvement of a healthcare professional to choose the most appropriate item.
Adaptive Equipment Caregiving Corner
At Adaptive Equipment Caregiving Corner, we provide education and resources to enhance safety, comfort, and peace of mind for caregivers.